Monday 8 March 2010

Apache pilot height restrictions

This is one of those nearly amusing anecdotes. Last Friday I was able to break the code and have spent all weekend patching it together. Gone were the hopes of having the HOTAS controller in place, the new Apache flight test video. Nothing worked.

Today I fix the various little problems, launch the game, approach the helicopter and realise something was terribly wrong. I was about 12 inches tall and the Apache's port wheel towered above me. No amount of jumping would let me reach the cockpit area to mount the aircraft.

*sigh*

I think the default eye position for the character controller has been changed. Either that or the art team from Star Trek Online have been messing with our assets.

Flex thinks Dave should get some sleep, his output is making me look bad.

*edit* The pilot has been restored to normal stature.

No comments:

Post a Comment