Monday 21 June 2010

TrackIR Pro-Clip, shreded

The 3 active IR-LED head-tracker clip was never made of study stuff, constantly falling apart as soon as you put it down on the desk. Now it's finally disintegrated, I might have to resort to super-gluing the tattered remains.



Microsoft Kinect apparently shoots out hundreds of IR beams in a grid pattern and uses that to build a set of data points from which the software can pull out a skeleton, track body motion. It's a motion capture studio in a box. Brilliant, for indie game production I like the idea of using it for creating motion capture files.

4 comments:

  1. Cant wait for the result. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which result are we waiting for?

    The super-glued mess of a trackIR tracker clip?

    or

    Ricky in a lycra body suit covered in white spots doing his impression of Jacky Chan/James Bond in front of his xbox?

    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinect doesn't need little balls, besides I look naturally dumb, in or out of a lycra body suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My TrackIR is in a similar state.

    Everytime I get the superglue out though I manage somehow to stick my fingers together. Awful stuff!

    Maybe borrow Grans old hairdryer and Mod it so that you can lower headset and trackIR onto your head in one easy downward motion? Don't switch it on though, it might melt the Lycra!

    ReplyDelete