Monday 13 September 2010

RotorCam - the stupidest idea in the history of helo simulation

Yup, perhaps the most nauseating camera view is back. One that a still screen-shot and an fps hungry FRAPs recording IMPROVES. RotorCam is like having your brain ripped out by your eye-stalks and soaked in vinegar. A virtual camera is strapped to the underside of blade number 1 and everything else is a blur. Only use I can think of is a debug aid when we get to blade flapping etc.



I'd like to thank Macklebee for helping me sort out the LUA object passing to get this working.
RotorCam for all your video game torture needs.

9 comments:

  1. I love those hills, they are pure Novalogic.

    As for the rotor cam, maybe IT should be the training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hills took me minutes of work to make. And remarkably eye free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont forget to add tail rotor blade camera for complete insanity. :-) Cant wait to watch "ground-sky" blur. I cant help myself to write all over again, that the Apache model is soooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing....wouldnt be nice to have camera positioned right next to cannon? You know....like in the documentaries, where You can see the cannon acquiring targets and shooting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Pavel that's just fucked up, so when you get your copy that should be the ONLY view you can use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must apologise for Steve, he's got a mouth on him like a Marine. So don't take it personally, he's always like that.

    Steve, not everyone likes the potty mouth. tut tut

    ReplyDelete
  7. TailRotor cam. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Actually I agree with Steve now.

    ReplyDelete