Saturday 21 November 2009

Status Tags and more MPD




Added status tags that float over mission aircraft with distance fade to reduce clutter.

 They show vehicle type, unique ID and will later include AI status, crew and other special flags (such as service status). These are only visible in ground mode when labels are turned on.




Should complete the engine page this weekend. I end up doing fiddly things like boxes with rounded corners, traffic light number fields. Little touches to make it look authentic. I've never seen this block before so I'm not clear how the bars are supposed to look at different ranges.

If you look at this photo of the real page you'll see three red hats in a line when the engines are powered down. Some dots and twin yellow bars. Not sure how these are supposed to work beyond indicating normal flight parameters.



I'll fix up the bars later when I can check how they work with someone currently flying this block.

No comments:

Post a Comment