Wednesday 27 April 2011

Walkthrough of some content creation

Yeah, working with a 200 dollar engine, a box of beer and nothing better to do. We Brits have a tradition dating back to the 80s of creating software with next to no resources. From 1K computers with cassette tapes to health-care systems written in BASIC. Yup, I've done all of the above in the past, but nothing prepared me for the lengths that AD (aka Alpha Delta, or as I like to think of it, Art Department) has to go through just to make a bunch of phone poles to fill some screenery.

As a programmer I think I would have done things in a more programmy way. But sometimes brute force is just as efficient, all that matters is getting the job done.

ADs SimHQ Dev Diary continues with a breakdown of making phone poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment